Best Marketing Award - 2022 edition
The 2022 ICCA Best Marketing Award is centred on ‘disruption in marketing’ related to the ICCA core pillars of inclusion, diversity, legacy, and sustainability. We are looking forward to receiving entries that showcase world-class innovation across all aspects of marketing. The ICCA Best Marketing Award is not only about emerging technology and digitalisation; it celebrates inspiring work in strategy and creativity. The winner will be recognised as an organisation that truly understands today’s complex marketing landscape and embraces the constant evolution demanded in our rapidly changing world.
The ICCA Best Marketing Award is not only about creativity, ground-breaking ideas, and marketing. The award is mostly about shared learning and inspiring other organisation to break out from the norm, think, and do differently to start shaping tomorrow’s bigger success, right through the creative dynamics of teamwork.
ICCA invites our association community and meetings industry members from all sectors and regions to submit campaigns, projects, and initiatives that demonstrate ‘disruption in marketing’ in relation to the ICCA core pillars of inclusion, diversity, legacy, and sustainability in:
- Content branding
- Cultural shift
- Social storytelling
- Brand evolution
- Power of partnerships
- Internal brand transformation
- Mobile innovation
- Pioneering technology
- Data creativity
- Targeting excellence
- Best use of technology
- Crisis management
- Effective brand building
- Marketing in the moment
- Open submission
The 2022 Best Marketing Award criteria
Judging panellists and voting members will evaluate the 2022 Best Marketing Awards entries according to the following parameters:
- Research and rationale
- Determining and measuring success
- Innovation and creativity
- Long term impact
2022 Submission process
The competition is open to all ICCA Members and associations (individual members, or groups of members working together).
- Entries should be submitted in digital format through the application link and must include:
- A written proposal of max 1000 words
- Answer to criteria objectives (included in the submission form)
- A personal video presentation of max 1.30 mins that synthesize the key messages and outcome of the initiative. Video production should be consistent with the following criteria:
>Personalised touch. We want to see ‘you’, your team and recognise your efforts.
>Casual tone of voice and engaging delivery. Captivate the judges in a fun and dynamic way.
>No state-of-the-art video production. Video quality should not exceed the quality of smartphone video standards.
>Big budget does not equal victory. We want to recognise the creativity and outstanding achievements of initiatives implemented with little to no budget
Submissions must be completed through the application link by 23 September 2022, 23.59 UTC -12.
- Selection of finalists
The judging panel will select the finalists from all the entries/submissions received. The finalists will be announced before 30 October 2022.
- Winner announcement
The selected finalists will be allocated 10 mins each for a live presentation of the submitted project during a dedicated session of the ICCA Congress.
Finalists are warmly encouraged to attend the ICCA Congress in person.
- Winner’s recognition and legacy
The ICCA Best Marketing Award is not only about creativity, ground-breaking ideas, and marketing. The award is mostly about shared learning and inspiring other organisation to break out from the norm, think, and do differently to start shaping tomorrow’s bigger success. The winner project will be featured on ICCA website and prominent media and will gain a speaking opportunity at the next ICCA congress so that can inspire best practices and relevant strategies for other community members in their marketing efforts.
- Opportunity to reflect on a project/campaign/initiative and build a case study for promotional use
- Raise the organization individual’s profile
- Opportunity to showcase your efforts and projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Have the work judged and externally benchmarked by leading professionals in the business.
- Potential space for global visibility
- Boost staff morale and reward individuals and teams for their hard work
- Chance to inspire others and develop best practices for industry and sectors
- Work on a fun and exciting project: Teamwork!
- Profiling on ICCA communication channels (website, newsletter, social media -LinkedIn)
- Mention during the announcement session to all of the delegates at ICCA congress
- Worldwide recognition from peers and colleague
- Featured recognition on ICCA website
- Dedicated global PR (newsletter, press release, social media)
- All the recognitions perks
- Personalized logo- (BMA winner 2022) to use on their website, emails or promotional material
- Speaking opportunity at the next ICCA Congress
- Interview/podcast with President or ICCA CEO about the winning project
Send your project to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your entry is 23 September 2022.